Star Business Investments Pty Ltd ACN 629 598 161 trading as Multistore Solutions (‘Multistore’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’) is committed to protecting its clients’ (‘you’ and ‘your’) privacy in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘the Act’) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). The Act and the APPs govern the way in which personal information is collected, used, held and disclosed.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
The types of personal information we can collect, hold, use or disclose about you includes, but is not limited to:
- Your full name;
- Your age or date of birth;
- Your residential, postal or business address;
- Your email address;
- Your home, work or mobile telephone number;
- Your facsimile number;
- Your profession, occupation or job title;
- Financial information (if provided to us);
- Details regarding hobbies, interests or social activities; and
- Any additional information you provide to us directly or indirectly.
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a psuedonym under the APPs.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We can collect personal information in many ways, including but not limited to:
- By telephone, letter, fax or email;
- Through your access and use of our website;
- When you submit your email address to our website mailing list;
- During conversations between you and our representatives;
- By purchasing products from us or completing application forms;
- By entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us;
- By completing surveys or providing feedback to us; and
- From cookies.
In cases where we are provided with personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the information provided to us by the third party.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information for the purpose of performing our business activities and functions to provide the best possible quality of services and products.
We will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- Conducting customer and market research;
- Assisting you with choosing suitable product and services;
- To send communications requested by you whether to you or a third party;
- To answer enquiries and provide information or advice, including updated information, about existing and new products or services;
- To perform our business functions (providing wardrobe, kitchen, bathroom and other storage solutions);
- For direct marketing of our products and services to you as detailed below;
- To assess and improve the performance of the website;
- To provide your updated personal information to our employees, contractors, service providers i.e. Bunnings Warehouse or other third parties authorised by you;
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
We may also use your personal information for a purpose closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you have consented or would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
TO WHOM CAN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We can disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business and related purposes;
- Any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us for sales or installation;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain your product;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies; and
- Police or law enforcement agencies.
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIAL
We can send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you which you would reasonably expect from us.
Communication can be sent in various forms including mail, SMS and email in accordance with the applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method.
You may opt-out at any time of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Multistore will take all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
The security measures we have in place to protect your personal information include:
- Computer security software to prevent unauthorised access;
- Physical security systems to prevent unauthorised access to personal information stored both electronically and in hard copy; and
- Access is only granted to those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
When your personal information is no longer required for the purpose it was obtained, we will take steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most personal information is stored in client files required to be retained by us for a minimum of seven (7) years.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing (see the contact details at the bottom of this Policy). We may require proof of identify from you.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with a suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).
We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal and the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, please advise us in writing as soon as practicable so we can update our records.
If you believe that your personal information has been misused or your privacy has been breached, please contact the manager of Multistore in writing and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION OVERSEAS
We may disclose personal information to our related companies and third-party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the APPs.
When you visit the Multistore site to read, browse or download information, our system will record your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded.
This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you an improved online service.
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browser you use or the site from which you linked to our website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective online service.
Phone: (07) 3208 6799
Email: [email protected]
Multistore reserves the right to review and make changes to this Policy from time to time and is available on our website.